Pages

October 29, 2012

GOING WITH A GOOD THING (PART ONE)

I am so in love with my 2013 Project Life color scheme, that I decided to use the same colors for the big (breaker box hiding) artwork that I made for Sam’s playroom.  Why reinvent the wheel, right? 



If you will recall, my plan for the playroom included some giraffe artwork.  I found a black and white photograph of a giraffe and started to translate it into a painting.  After working on it for fifteen or twenty minutes, one night, I was interrupted and set the project aside.  When I came back to it, I was less than inspired to continue.  This was, in part, because I wasn’t thrilled with my work and also because I thought that the space called for something a bit more colorful.

Instead of scrapping the giraffe-art start, I decided to leave it to peek through all of the pretty triangles.  It’s what you might call an unexpected combination, but I think it works.  Or, it works for me, anyway. 

I’m not ready to do a full reveal of the playroom, quite yet.  But it is coming along and now that I have some artwork on the wall, I am feeling inspired to get ‘er done.  

Note: the photo shows the painting hanging in our dining room, rather than the playroom because the playroom gets zero natural light.  I was also hoping that the bits of the light fixture, table and chair back would give you some perspective on the size of the painting(It is 3 feet by 4 feet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment