Pages

August 31, 2012

PROJECT LIFE - MY STORY



I don't remember where I first learned about Project Life.

I do remember that as I was blog hopping (often via pinterest links), I kept running across this scrapbooking method and was increasingly interested in doing it myself.

I was intrigued from the get-go, but knowing myself and my occasional lack of sticktoitiveness,  I was a wee bit afraid to make the commitment to this project.  (A layout each *week*!? That takes some serious dedication!)

I mulled over the possibility for a good two or three months.  In this case, mulling over equaled blog stocking and pinterest searching anything and everything I could find related to Project Life.  The Big Variety Pack of PL pages spent so much time in my Amazon shopping cart that it was on the verge of getting moldy. 

Finally, I decided that any amount of the project that I did complete was a heckuva lot better than not starting at all, so I might as well give it a go.  I clicked the "purchase now" button and I was off.

The days between that mouse click and the arrival of my pages felt wa-ay longer than they actually could have been.  I was so anxious to get started, that I just went ahead and got started.  Didja see that pile of journaling cards (and a few bits of memorabilia) at the top of this post?  That photo was taken during those few days when I just couldn't wait for my PL pages to arrive. When the FedEx man brought the goods, I was ready to start filling little pockets.

So, I officially became a Project Lifer in June.

But, since this was the year that we became a family of three, it seemed pretty silly to start keeping our family record when Sam was four months old.  His birth would have been a logical starting point, but I am not always a logical person and I would (on occasion) call myself an overachiever.  So, I decided not to start my PL with that milestone, but to instead go back to the beginning of 2012.

Famous last words: How hard could it really be to make weekly pages for the previous six months?

Actually, it wasn't the length of time / number of pages that made catching up so difficult, it was the fact that as I was living those six months I hadn't realized that I should be taking *lots* of photos and keeping notes on what was going on in our daily lives.

I am working on a post that details how I filled in so many months of my Project Life book, so you can expect that sometime in the next few weeks.  Hopefully, it will help others who have a similar looney and overachieving plan.

In the meantime, I am *so* excited to start sharing my 2012 Project Life book with all of you.  I plan to share two layouts (aka two weeks) each week, until I am caught up with myself / the actual calendar.  Week one is scheduled for next Tuesday!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Project Life and have been doing in for the last two years!

    Have you seen the new sneak peaks of the baby and school additions? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Rachael! I bet your albums are beautiful - what with your adorable family and awesome photography skills! :) I read somewhere that a baby edition was on its way, but I have NOT seen the sneak peeks. ...off to check out more of blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete