Pages

October 8, 2012

PROJECT 333 - ONE WEEK DOWN


You know how you always think things in the future (especially the things that you work really hard at planning) will just be magical and perfect?  

And you know how the day/time/event arrives and said things might indeed be pretty great, but you are kind of surprised to find that you are still you and the day is still just another day?  Well, I was reminded of all of that as I went through my closet one final time to write out my finalized Project 333 list.

Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy with my list and excited about this project for several reasons.  But.  The dream wardrobe that I somehow thought was going to appear in my closet didn't quite happen.  My closet is still filled with my clothes.  I am way too frugal to let myself go out and buy an entirely new wardrobe.  Also, I really wasn't setting out to give myself a new style, so everything in my closet feels pretty true to the general "style" (if you will allow a girl without much fashion sense to use that word) that I have had for the last five to ten years.

This project may not have transformed my closet, but I do feel like it has already improved my lifestyle.  

For starters, I feel like my wardrobe is much more "grown up" than it has been in the past.  I guess this goes along well with the fact that I am now somebody's mama.

I feeling that I look more put together when I am out and about.  That is a good feeling.  In the past week, I haven't worried about potentially running into someone I know at the grocery store whilst wearing yucky, should-really-just-be-worn-around-the-house yoga pants and a t-shirt.   

Even if I am just staying home for the day, getting dressed for the day helps me to be more productive.  Getting things done is good. 

Not everything in my closet can mix and match, but there are enough items that do, that I can pretty easily put together a large number of outfits.  Speaking of such things: I would really like to take take photos of myself on various days throughout the next few months to show you (and myself) the great variety that can come out of a limited number of pieces.  

I have not purchased any of the "to be purchased" items that were on my list, so for now this is still, technically Project 329.   

P.S. Although you might not guess it from the photo at the top of the post, I do own more than one pair of pants.   

Are you doing Project 333?  How do you feel after the first week?  Are you worried that you are going to run out of things to wear by the end of the month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment